Royd Doyal was born in Amarillo, but raised most of his life in the East Texas town of Pittsburg.
He is a third generation rancher and rodeo cowboy. Royd says he was blessed to be influenced by some
of the greats like George Paul, Larry Mahan, Nicky Wheeler, and his dad, Red Doyal.
Here is a list of Royd Doyal’s most notable achievements.
- 1990 & 1991 4SHSRA Champion Bull Rider and 1991 4SHSRA Champion Bareback Rider
- 1990 & 1991 THSRA Region 4 Champion Bareback Rider and Reserve Champion Bull Rider
- 1992 & 1993 Reserve Champion NIRA Bull Rider
- 1992 Central Rodeo Association Rookie of the year Bull Rider
- 1993 Texas Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association Rookie of the Year and Finals Champion
- 1993 Nick Wheeler Summer Series Champion and Nissan truck winner.
- Seven Time Texas Circuit Finals Qualifications
- 1994 PRCA Reserve Rookie of the Year as well as Texas Circuit Finals Rookie of the Year
- 1996 Texas Circuit Finals winner
- 1994 George Paul Memorial Bull Riding Champion
- Three Time PRCA National Finals Rodeo Qualifications
- Winner of 4 Go rounds including a 10th round win on 1996 Bucking Bull of the Year Red Wolf with a 94 score
- 1996 NFR Brent Thurman/Lane Frost Memorial High Point Ride Award
- Five Time Professional Bull Riders finals qualifications
After completing a professional bull Riding career in 2005, Royd became a PRCA, PBR, and ABBI American Bucking Bull, Inc official. He was a 14 time ABBI finals judge and 2 times as a PBR finals judge and is still very active in being an official.
Some of Royd proudest accomplishments are marrying his wife Tracie Havard Doyal, raising two great children, Cierra and Rance Doyal and watching them compete at every level of rodeo andl being inducted alongside my father, Red Doyal. They are one of only 4 father/son duos to compete at the NFR in the bull riding.